Hospital AZ St.-Jan AV
The St-Jan's Hospital in Bruges (Belgium) is a hospital where every single patient gets basic to very specified medical care.
The hospital invests in excellent healthcare for patients. This is only possible by paying attention to professional development and cooperation between different doctors. The hospital brings a work environment that lets its co-operators be creative and stimulates improvement. Every co-operator gets the oppertunity to garantee quality care for each patient.
The St-Jan's Hospital in Bruges, Belgium is celebrated as one of the world's leading academic hospitals. St-Jan's has 1100 beds, a combined total of 200 physicians and surgeons, and over 2100 staff members. This modern high tech hospital boasts a formidable list of facilities.
Mission and vision
- for everyone
- 15 operating theatres equipped with the newest technology
- A cardiac care and bypass centre
- State-of-the-art laboratory
- 40 bed intensive care unit equipped with shock lung ventilators
- A 6 man decompression chamber
- A helicopter
- The only dual arm “da Vinci” robotically assisted laparoscopic microsurgical unit
- Bariatric weight loss surgery clinic
- A bank
- A modern restaurant
The emergency department, paramedics and the 40-bed intensive care facility are staffed 24 hours a day with on site resident cover. A physician will respond to an urgent bed call within 2 minutes day or night.The hospital carries out the latest surgical procedures with confidence.